Data Quality Analyst
MinervaAI is a financial crime-fighting platform with the mission of applying cutting-edge methods in artificial intelligence to empower investigators to perform accurate, audit-proof enhanced due diligence.
We are driven by industry experience in anti-money laundering and a passion for making real progress against financial crimes and driving innovation using academic methods in machine learning. We are looking for a technical individual with a similar passion for what they do to help us in our journey to help stop the flow of illicit funds.
The Data Quality Analyst is a key role to help the company build a data strategy to improve our coverage, quality and scope. The candidate will be collaborating with cross-functional leaders internally to deliver consistently excellent customer experiences through the use of data. Our ideal candidate is passionate about using analytical skills to identify problems, find solutions, and improve relationships.
Objectives of this Role
- Monitoring and reviewing data that the organization leverages for MinervaAI, checking for completion and accuracy.
- Data cleansing - identifying, assessing and resolving any data quality issues.
- Mapping out data coverage for key capabilities like Sanctions, PEP, Media etc. and collaborating with technology to prioritize our data roadmap
- Addressing the root cause of data inconsistencies and recommending improvements.
- Research and identify new data sources that the organization can use to enhance our product.
- Test data outputs when the MinervaAI dev teams release new code, algorithms, or ingest new sources of data.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Serve as day-to-day contact for inquiries when they pertain to data related issues. (coverage, completeness, availability etc.)
- Analyze incoming support requests, to help identify areas of data opportunities (depth, breadth, timeliness etc.)
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets, focusing on false positives.
- Support internal and external tuning, sampling populations of results to identify optimal configurations, threshold, data source combinations.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of data analysis, BI reporting, or data QA capacity
- Strong verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- While not required, experience in the field of Financial Crime/Anti-Money Laundering is an asset (Transaction Monitoring tuning, Sanction/PEP false positive/true positive identification etc.)
What you will learn on the job (but prior knowledge is a bonus):
- Financial Crime/Anti-Money Laundering, regulatory understanding
- FinTech/Regtech exposure
MinervaAI is an equal opportunity employer: we take each and every application seriously and consider all applicants with the same level of care and attention. We’re open-minded, and happy to consider highly motivated applicants missing some of the provided hard skills who can learn quickly and have a demonstrable track record of success.
We look forward to receiving your application!